Life as Barista


Just a little update on my journey towards my dream, sorry, I've been MIA =( Fyi, i am working as a barista at Royal Post. (Click here for more info about Royal Post)



I love coffee, alot! like ALOT! I started my barista training with my sifu (master) since end of February til today, it's been almost two weeks! Well, coffee brewing is not as simple as I thought; many people said to me "Make coffee is easy one la, no need to learn." Or some said "Hey, you are a degree graduate, why work your ass off for such job?"


I don't know about you, but being a barista is not about your education qualification at all. I had finished my degree in Bachelor of Communication, (finally right?), I enjoyed my student year in university, and I never regret of learning them at all. Knowledge is powerful, as I always believe :) But I still want to give a shot to do something different, which I love and always being driven in my life. It is a gamble, but I know I will never lose this game, because I learned.... something I love, something new, something priceless :) The only price I need to pay is to keep myself disciplin and change. 


Besides waking up early, worked til I can't feel my leg.. I enjoyed my time there... I am happy :) REALLY HAPPY! I see bigger picture on handling a coffee shop, and soon, one day, i'll have my own!


Just want to share with you how have I been doing so far... as something new, #LikeABarista!


 



I'm always feeling extra happy and honored to see people I know and close friends drop by and 'demand' a cup of coffee from me! :D To whom that supported me, THANK YOU SO MUCH :')


So far, I've been trying to master the art! Latte art is tricky and fun! I had to waste so many coffee and milk to keep trying! Trial and error, some looked too artistic that nobody can understand what is that xD and some were just plain ugly :'( NEVER GIVE UP!. and finally.... as you can see my progress in these two weeks time... 

This is.... You name it! 


Failed attempt, but I managed to modify it =P I called this prince charming of mine!


... This is my first successful hearty latte art, not the best but it is presentable =) I was on cloud nine! 


This is also my favourite and I am so proud of myself! It is not perfect, but I was in tears of joy :') 


This was a surprised by a friend who visited me... I placed my notebook on the coffee counter when I was so caught up with works during lunch hour... Few hours later, I found something new in my notebook! This is so sweet =) Thank you!


I'm happy =) and so blessed to be able to walk towards my dream! Thank God for new and good friends I met at work too. Feel free to drop by and say Hi to me! I will make you awesome sandwich and coffee, promise =)



No comments :

Post a Comment