The other half.

I'm amazed by how time flies... really fast.. getting faster.. we don't have to count our days, guess One Republic was right! Just count the stars la! 

Our days passing just like that. 2013, half of the year has gone. I'm feeling rather emotional than excited. You know that mixed feeling? I always do a self-check time to time, reflecting ourselves... the good and the bad.

A question to self: What have I done in that past six months? Seriously, it is hard to track back everything in the past, especially small little things, and specifically small little blessing... Sometimes, we tend to forgot the little things isn't it? I got to admit Instagram does a pretty good job for me to track my life. To me, taking pictures meaning collecting moment =)



First, allow me to brag about this again! I thank God for my first short film project of the year. #OFFLINE (watch here). When I wrote the script for this short film, I never expect anything. I just want to deliver a message to everyone including myself. And this is the first step I started my script writing / film making journey with amazing people in my life.


I thought I will cry if this short film can hit more than 2k of views on Youtube, but it had went up to more than 7k of views! All glory to God, seriously! I still remember how happy I was and we brought my baby Badak to our Lou Sang Dinner =) These guys are amazing :')



Then, I also found my calling in life. A call from God that I got to fulfill for His work. My passion for coffee isn't just tasting it, but I wanted to create something. Something new, something unique, something that people can find love and peace. A place represents a home, a place for encountered with God. Through a close friend of mine, I got a chance to learn and work at a cafe - Royal Post. Despite it was just a short and bittersweet 2 months, I learned a lot and met new friends!





Life goes on when something happened and went wrong. But, my passion never dies. My dream is more than alive. I am just waiting for the right timing :)

I moved on to my second Whaley Project, which is The Awaken Short Film. The most recent filming project I've done so far... (Watch the short film here).




This project mean a lot to me, I have bunch of amazing people supported me, I can never done this alone. Seriously, I don't know how on earth that I deserve all these, I never pay them at all. They wanna help me because they believe me. Believe, this is all we need. 


At the same time, I also launch my first collection fo Whaley Tees! Everything just happened like I was still in my dream, still feeling surreal every time when I see my friends wearing them and really proud of it :')


When there's a whale, there's a way! Mama Whaley said so! ;)

Apart from my own production project, I also involved in my church media ministry. Serving for TV ministry is definitely a lot to learn! Our media ministry is beyond words to describe, being trained under their mentorship is awesome! 


To a person like me, I got to admit I enjoy performing under the spot light than performing behind the scene. Since little, I was always the one who takes the lead in every performances in my school. Back in kintergarten, teachers love me and I've been assigned to be the the lead dancer or the singer. In primary school, I had choir and dance performance from time to time. Until I went high school, I lost my passion in performing and direction in life. But deep in my heart, I love the stage. 

Serving in media ministry is a way for me to humble myself; I have to adapt into a new setting of performing art. Our gifts and talent doesnt mean to be always under the spot light, but what God sees us when no man looking at us or cheer for us. I've learnt so serve in a quiet spirit, to be contended and stay faithful. 


Being part of media team in my church, I was assigned to help Children Church to cover an event. That day was one of my happiest day. I don't know why but I found my joy to see all the childrens love God so genuinely and so shameless. One confession: I was never a kid person, you know, basically, I can't handle kids. I am scare to interact with them. Funny right? But I was completely changed after that, sometimes God can change a person like a switch!



Above all else from every achievements I've done, I thank God I did not waste the past six months. Instead, God was using me in such an extraordinary ways. Friendship is found in the midst of ups and downs... I thank God for friends, I mean really good good friends, just like my second family. They cover me so much with love and I always been taking them for granted. I never say I am a perfect person; So often that when people look at me, they knew what I do, what I know, calling me "superwomen", or "that creative & talented girl"... but hey friends, I am really not that great. I'm not trying to be self pity, but I have my own struggles too. I'm still dealing with them every single day. It just that I always set my eyes onto God, my dreams as my goal. 















The truth is everybody has to deal with shit in their lives; We are all human; Sometimes we feel bad, feeling pissed off; you feel scared and you are not able to do anything about it until you don't feel that way anymore till you can just see your way out of it.

My worse being could be yelling at people I care, pushing them away from me. The amazing thing is these people never gave up on me. Instead, they stayed through thick and thin. I'm not well, not completely, but I can say I'm a happy girl and my life is beautiful with flaws. Stories I can tell about me is a way for us to testify God's grace, isn't it? 

The reminder from angels that God sent are priceless! They remind me who I am again. When I doubt at my own identity again, they reminded me again, and again... Thank you :') Forgive me for being such a brat once a while, I'm learning to change.. really..

Anyways, it has been a awesome and bittersweet six months! I believe, the next six months will be a new experience of something greater again :) 



No comments :

Post a Comment